Fensport GT86R Race Project, Part 9 - 2020
Not much happening at the moment in 2020, with most of the race calendar on hold!
We have been working on the front of the car to further reduce weight and lower the centre of gravity, once complete we'll post some info.
Meanwhile we've put together a few pics and a complete 2020 spec sheet for you.
2020 Brief Specification
- Cosworth prototype pistons & con rods.
- Kelford valve springs
- ARP head studs, mains and engine casing bolts
- Cosworth headgaskets
- 2017 Alloy intake manifold with Grams 72mm throttle
Avo stage 6 Custom Avo turbo kit - using the new Garret G25-660 turbocharger, modified Avo manifold for remote mounting of the Tiall 44mm waste-gate
All mapping by Adrian Smith using Ecutek and RaceROM features to control boost, fail safe water methanol injection and full throttle shift integrating Geartronics and Ecutek
- 4 Bar map sensor
- Geartronics gearbox ecu
- Tablet dashboard using Ecutek Pro Ecu
All radiators and intercoolers have carbon ducting
Fuel System -
- Custom cages FIA multipoint weld in cage
- Summit chassis braces
- Fensport custom lightened doors
- Perspex windows
Fensport custom 3" three silencer system with Blitz Nur Spec R rear silencer
Wheels & Tyres -
- BC Racing forged monoblock RT53 alloys 10.5 x 18 front and rear
- Toyo R888R 295/30/18 front & rear
(For full aero build please see Part 7 )
Note: The dyno report below is using the Avo stage 5 ball bearing turbo setup from 2017. We are making more power now but have not yet dyno'd the car.